Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Miracles

A while back there was a funny cell phone commercial in which a husband got his wife a new cell phone for Mother's Day. There just so happened to be a great deal where he bought one phone and got one for free. When the wife opened the gift and found two cell phones, the husband proclaimed, "It's a Mother's Day Miracle" and took the extra cell phone for himself. That's been a family joke ever since.

These are the miracles I've witnessed this Mother's Day:

1) I got a whole afternoon and evening off the Saturday before Mother's Day. Doug took care of the kids and I went to Logan for a Girl's Night Out with my sisters and mom. We had a wonderful dinner at Hamilton's and a lively conversation too. My mom said it was like we had been uncaged. We finished the evening off by going to the chick flick "The Last Song".

2) I got a picture of my handsomes in their new Sunday duds. We just got Doug a new suit for his birthday and Max some new Sunday clothes as well.

3) Doug was nice enough to get some muffins at Sam's Club so I didn't even have to pour cereal for breakfast.

4) Doug also got me some beautiful Willow Tree figurines of a little boy called "Inquisitive Child" that reminded him of Max and some little twin babies. The funniest part of this is that last year for Father's Day I saw a Willow Tree figurine of a father and a son that reminded me of Doug and Max. I wasn't sure whether he would like it or not so I mentioned to him something about it. He said, "What would I do with a figurine?" Well, I'm going to show him what you do with a figurine.

5) Ellie threw up the bananas and mixed berries she had for dinner all over the bedding and sheets that I so painstakingly made. Luckily, the stains came out after much scrubbing, pre-treating, and washing. As we were cleaning up the mess, I said to Doug, "This is why they have Mother's Day and Father's Day."


6) Max actually went up to the front with the Primary and sang "Mother, I Love You", although I couldn't see him because he was behind some bigger kids. It still made me cry.

7) The biggest miracle of all--I have the most wonderful husband and beautiful children and I'm the luckiest mother in the world!

1 comment:

  1. You must have had some girls night out to have your mom say "uncaged"! So glad you had a happy mother's day and your kids are pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete