Saturday, May 1, 2010

Carol Burnett

When my sister Amy was little, my parents nicknamed her Carol Burnett because she was so funny. Well, I guess every family has a comedian and ours is 7 months-old.

I know it is hard to imagine how a baby could be funny, but Cate is. It's difficult to describe and every time I get out the video camera, she invariably stops what she is doing and stares blank-faced into it. Maybe if I give a few examples . . .


Yesterday I had her on my lap and was singing "Baby Bye" to her while softly bouncing her on my knee. She stuck out her long tongue with each bounce/beat. Not just kinda moving her tongue around, but in-out-in-out with each beat of the song. Then later, I was feeding the babies applesauce. I fed Cate first and didn't wipe her face before moving onto Ellie. She sat restlessly for a few minutes and then started cleaning her face herself with her very long tongue. She was so excited, as if to say, "Mom, look, I found some more!"



Many times when I go to get her out of the crib, she has rotated her binky 90 degrees so it is sticking up and she is biting down on the plastic part. She just looks at me and laughs because she knows I am going to laugh. Her laugh is contagious.

Many people have commented on her facial expressions. She has many of them and they are funny! Ever since she was just tiny I could tell that she had a sense of humor. Isn't it amazing that these babies are pre-packaged with personality!

No comments:

Post a Comment