Thursday, May 6, 2010

Greatest Big Brother

Max has a shirt that says "Greatest Big Brother" and I think it's spot-on. He's always been gentle and loving with his baby sisters, except when he is playing and can be unintentionally rough.

When the babies were very small, he took care of them by putting binkys in their mouths when they were crying. He liked to hold them and kiss them on their heads.

Whenever I put the babies down for "tummy time", Max would squeeze himself between them. The babies didn't particularly like this because they were being squished, but he wanted to be right there by them.




He's also protective of his baby sisters. Whenever we're out and about people are attracted to us and want to take a look at the babies. Max makes sure they know, "These are my babies", especially if the curious person is a little girl. A few months ago, the lady sitting behind us in church was holding Cate. He was a little anxious about it and whispered, "Tell her she can't keep she".


Lately he's been getting a kick out of making the babies laugh. I'm not sure why they think he is so funny, but he gets big belly laughs out of them just by running back and forth in front of them. He'll say to me, "Mom, look, your kids are playing to each other". I hope it continues for a long, long, long time.



Whenever I put the babies down for nap, he always says, "Wait, a hug and kiss, a hug and kiss." Then he kisses and hugs each baby and says, "Ellie (or Cate) have a good nap."


Max has become a great helper for me. He grabs me diapers when I ask for them and he is constantly getting the babies toys to play with. Of course, they can't have his toys because they slobber all over them. They have to play with "baby toys".

The other day he was holding his blanket like a baby. He was burping it and then put it in the bumbo to spoon-feed it. Doug says no dolls. I say whatever. He's gonna be a dad someday. And a really awesome one too.

He told me the other day, "Mom, these are my favorite baby sisters. These are the babies I want."

1 comment:

  1. and THAT is what keeps me happy about having a 3 year old and twins....even thought on other days it's crazier than crazy, it's still nice to have a helper. Now I just have to deal with the guilt of expecting SO much from my oldest :) Cute pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete